This was one of those spur of the moment things that I’m so pleased with, it’s DEFINITELY going to become a permanent part of my staples in my Keto pantry.
The reason these babies came about was because I was craving a Caesar salad. But you can’t have a Caesar salad without croutons right!!!
As I learnt, Keto Croutons couldn’t be simpler to make. If making microwave Keto Flax Bread was the easiest recipe in the world, this is just one step up.
They take less than 10 minutes to prepare, are quite moreish (I finished 3 portions of the 4 I made in one day). It also makes for a satisfying Keto snack-on-the-run. I’ve actually been munching on them with cheese (like flax crackers I suppose). They’re THAT good and guilt-free, and SUPER CRUNCHY 🙂 !
This recipe make approximately 4 servings.
Utensils & Ingredients
- 1 Microwavable Dish (I used a glass dish that was approximately 5×5 inch)
- Butter (or oil) to grease
- 1 Medium Egg
- 4 Tbsp Flax Meal (You could also probably make it from Almond Meal)
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt of choice
- OPTIONAL Spices / Seasonings of choice: E.g. Pepper, Chilli, Garlic, Onion, Cayenne, Paprika, Turmeric etc.
- Grease your dish with the butter or oil.
- Crack and beat the egg in the dish.
- Add the flax, baking powder, salt, and optional spices and seasonings of choice.
- Stir the mixture well until everything is well incorporated.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
(Click here for step-by-step images of how to make microwave keto bread)
- Remove the bread from the microwave and slice it into two slices, then cut into crouton sized cubes.
- Place the bread cubes on a plate and microwave in 1 minute bursts until hard. (Mine took 2 minutes in total).
- Cool, sprinkle on your salad, or eat as it is with a dip or cheese!
- 47.2 Kcal
- 2.9 Protein
- 2.7g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 0.7g Net Carbs
- 2.9g Fat